« Home | Guest Blogging » | Mexico Election Court to Rule on Monday » | Is Ernesto's Path New Orleans? » | Bush 3.0: Pax Americana » | Fox Caught in Mexico's Election Henhouse » | Selling Their Racist Hate: Salsa Style » | Sen. Charles Schumer and DCSS Are On Notice » | Hispanics and the Democrat Party: Time for Fence M... » | The "Texas Miracle" Strikes Again » | Mexico's Election Fraud: More Questions Raised » 

Monday, August 28, 2006 

Happy Birthday To Me

It is that time of the year again, my birthday, when a year of your life goes by. It is amusing how most people dread this day or the reality that we are getting older but there are some who do embrace getting older. Many of us jokingly lying about our age like it will some how halt time.

I remember when I was in my 20s the thought of turning 30, meant it was getting old. It was a part of my life when anything was possible and my whole future was before of me. It was until weeks before my 30th birthday, I realized I was reaching one of life's milestones, the big 3.0. Once I reached and gone over it, thinking back, it was a bunch of crap truthfully. I was worried for nothing.

Yes, there are changes; I have more grey hair than I did before. I have also found that I am no more enthusiastic in certain things that gave me joy when I was younger. I may have wandered off the road map I made for my life years before, but with each new path I ventured onto, I have not regretted it, there were lessons in life, which I still needed to understand. Lessons I probably couldn't have understood when younger. I now understand why I was told, "When you get older, you’ll understand." It is true. As much as a part of me would like to be 29, I think I will survive a whole year being 34.

So here is to another year to a new age. Happy Birthday to me.

|

About me

  • I'm XicanoPwr
  • From Tejas, United States
  • Un Xicano who is tired of the current status quo.
My profile

Freedom Fighters

Cost of the War in Iraq

(JavaScript Error)

Archives

Email me:
chicano@At(xicanopwr)d.ot.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Today's Gas Prices