« Home | Rest in Peace Brad Will, May Justice Prevail » | All Good Things Must Come to an End » | 8 things beautiful » | Texas Lt Gov and The Intelligence Business » | XP's Endorsement for Governor » | Profiting From Public Education » | Iran, Get Ready, Here We Come! » | Racism Is Not A Thing Of The Past, It Exists » | The Race-Class Taboo » | New Comment Policy » 

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 

Exercising My Civic Duty : I Voted

Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right.
-- H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)


I have done my civic duty and voted today. I went to my local grocery store since it was designated as one of the county's early voting location. For whatever good it will do, I, at least, can say I've done my civic duty. Will my vote be counted fairly and correctly; I don't know?

What I do know, I was forced to vote on the county's paperless Hart-Intercivic "eSlate" touch-screen voting machine. Since it is paperless, I do worry about my vote not being counted.

During last March's 2006 Primary Election in Texas, there were numerous reports of "computer glitches" through out the state. Many of those "glitches" occurred in Tom Green, Zapata, Webb, Tarrant, Jefferson, Winkler and Duval counties using the Hart InterCivic System and machine-counting irregularities. One of the biggest "glitch" resulted in a 100,000-vote malfunction in Tarrant County.

PDF file for Voting systems by county in Texas.

For information about which voting system is being used in your state, click here.

|

About me

  • I'm XicanoPwr
  • From Tejas, United States
  • Un Xicano who is tired of the current status quo.
My profile

Freedom Fighters

Cost of the War in Iraq

(JavaScript Error)

Archives

Email me:
chicano@At(xicanopwr)d.ot.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Today's Gas Prices